Shalford Infant & Nursery School is committed to ensuring equality of provision and opportunity throughout the school community for both children, parents, staff and governors.
To achieve this, our equality objectives are as follows:
- To promote cultural development and understanding through a rich range of experience, both in and beyond the school
- To ensure children of all backgrounds and all needs are included in our school equally
- To tackle prejudice and promote understanding in relation to people with disabilities
- To ensure that all pupils are given similar opportunities with regards to after-school clubs and activities
- To allow equal access to information for all parents
- To ensure the school environment is accessible as possible to all pupils, staff and visitors.
These objectives are reflected in our equality policy and our accessibility plan and other school policies related to teaching and learning.
Please also note that this statement reflects the Equality Act 2010. The Equality Act 2010 sets out to ensure that everyone has the right to be treated fairly and protects them from discrimination on the basis of certain characteristics. These are known as Protected Characteristics: